Tuesday, 25 June 2013


 Day 3
 
Today, as you can see, was a looooong day. 860 km of road...my aching butt!

I was only supposed to go as far as Bemidji, but it was only 2:30 when I got there, so I had an ice cream and considered the map.
I knew that Fargo would be a stretch, but I wanted to go there  Why? Why not? Besides, I wanted to see if they had a good selection of wood chippers...

I have never seen so many dragonflies as I saw passing through Minnesota...there are a few less than there were yesterday

Despite the long day, it was a good day. I am now in a hotel in Fargo, as they are calling for quarter sized hail tonight...so camping is right out!!

More to come, I'm sure....

2 comments:

  1. The brother here - back from the floods. Almost all of the troops are home, and I am enjoying a glass of Merlot. My bike is in the shop for a last check, and I will be on the road with Phil on Canada Day. I have seen all of this country, including the North (and Inuvik), but the prospect of riding it with my bro is very exciting, although I hope I won't be doing 900 km days like Phil is right now - I am a bit, ummmm, more mature than he is.

    Can't wait to hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brother again. Phil is laying down some serious tracks! We are expecting him here today - he is about 600 km from Edmonton. I picked up Big Blue from the dealer yesterday, and she is good to go, and has a nice new K+N air filter to boot. Today I will pick up a spare set of tires (Heidenau K60's) that we will bring along in case we get a side wall split. After that I can start thinking about packing. I have been in the field or on operations pretty much non-stop since April, and so I have not had as much time to prepare as Phil has. I also signed for a satphone from work - we are on 90 days notice to deploy overseas, and I am always on 24 hours notice for a domestic operation such as the floods. Hopefully, the phone will not go off....

    ReplyDelete