DAY 4
From Fargo, ND I ended up in Rock Creek State Park, Montana. That was quite a long day...
North Dakota was horrendous. It is one huge oil camp along US2 now that they have started extracting oil. I have never seen so many large trucks, all going 120-130km/hr. Not a relaxing ride. I was originally supposed to stop for the night in Williston, ND but it wasn't a very pretty place.
I learned something, though. Did you know that Rugby, ND is the geographic centre of North America? They have a sign, so it must be true.
When I arrived at Rock Creek State Park in Montana, it was getting late. I was expecting an Ontario style provincial park, with some basic services....
This was the front gate of the State Park. What the hell is this...?
I was tired and the road to the camp ground was 6 miles of the nastiest, loosest gravel I have seen. As I came over a rise in the ground, I discovered why the front gate looked like it did...it's a cattle grate, because ranchers are allowed to graze their cattle on State land...
Yeah, cows on the road. I came close to dropping the bike a couple of times on this gravel, bovine infested 'road'
I met Garvil and Byron, brothers who plied me with food and beer, after questioning my sanity at having taken that road on that big bike. They were serious about camping...
End of a long day...in a very pretty place.

No comments:
Post a Comment