Wednesday, 19 June 2013

It's the Final Countdown...leaving in 3 days.

My gear is mostly packed, and the only thing left to do on the bike is an oil change.

Clothes, tent, sleeping bag, mattress, camp chair, stove, pots, drip coffee maker, first aid kit, water filter, saw, axe, knife, bike cover, maps, rope, camera, laptop, power cords and various personal articles...

With any luck I won't even open the first aid kit...



1 comment:

  1. I still have 10 days to go before we start the northern leg of the trip, and sadly work is a tad busy right now. I have however managed to wrestle my K60s onto the bike, and next week the bike goes in for a final servicing before I pack up in preparation for departure.

    Phil is clearly a master of minimalism - my kit pile will look quite a bit larger, but then I will be carrying the extra fuel and a spare set of tires for both of us!

    I find myself obsessively reading ride reports of those who have done this trip before, and I am more and more convinced that the spare tires (and perhaps even a few tubes) are a must. I am also starting to second guess my preparations a bit, but that is probably a healthy thing at this point - it focuses my mind.

    Bring on the Dempster!

    ReplyDelete